Skillfield is a Melbourne-based Big Data consultancy and professional services company established in 2016. We design, develop and operate Big Data solutions that enable our customers to unlock business insights and utilise predictive analytics to help them achieve market leadership, regulatory compliance, and operational excellence.
Big Data has opened up new possibilities in terms of analytics and security solutions. If you’ve been exploring cybersecurity solutions then you’re most likely familiar with the Big Data Use Case for Cybersecurity which requires high volume, velocity and a variety of data. A cybersecurity monitoring service is an ideal candidate for a Big Data implementation.
Skillfield enables real-time data processing and access of security threats; data is intelligently organised and stored, leading to improved productivity while monitoring. By unlocking the potential of the Big Data platform, we offer personalised detections to fit our customer’s needs, and advanced machine learning-based analytics to reduce false positives.
About the role:
At Skillfield we are looking for a Software Engineer to contribute to the delivery of our projects.
- Manage the design, development and implementation of projects to deliver enhanced online systems and services.
- Provides specialist knowledge and expertise in web development, software development project methodologies, and the software development life cycle.
- Provision of high quality and timely consultancy and advisory services relating to the design, development and maintenance of customers’ online presence.
- Proposing, designing and implementing technical solutions.
You need to be a passionate Developer. You work smart, finish what you start, and innovate along the way. You are a person who shows respect in every interaction, a good listener who puts the customer’s needs first. You are dependable, make informed decisions, and help others where you can.
For you to be successful in this role you should have:
- Knowledge or training equivalent to an IT degree with at least 3 year subsequent relevant experience in software development.
- Experience in developing software with Java and/or Python.
- Experience in API integration (REST and SOAP), database management, SQL, version control (Git) and web monitoring and analytics tools and knowledge in user experience, visual design, accessibility and usability requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in DevOps and CI\CD tools.
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with modern Agile development practices and Jira.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- A well-developed understanding across cloud, networks, gateways and firewalls.
- Experience with NiFi, Logstash, Spark or Splunk is not required but highly regarded.
- Cyber Security experience/background would also be highly desirable but not mandatory.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment, results-focused, resilient, creative and someone with a thirst for solving problems.
Skillfield is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success.
If you enjoy working with technology, can demonstrate trust, engage in productive debates, commit to group decisions, are accountable and focus on the results of the team, we’d love to hear from you!