Working with multiple buckets in Couchbase Couchbase is a popular NoSQL database often used in enterprise applications. It provides a…
Centralised Threat Detection and Analysis
Compliance is a key driver encouraging companies to improve their security standards, as consumer law can issue a fine of up to $3M if businesses fail to meet their obligations. The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) has encouraged organisations to scrutinise their security posture.
Cybercrime costs global businesses a sum of A$660 billion annually.
While organisations are resourcing a dedicated security solution, the average time from the occurrence of a security incident to its discovery has been 206 days. In that time, serious loss can occur.
The complexity in distributed IT systems results in more blind spots, which increases the difficulty of preventing attacks.
How Can You Stay Protected?
Without early detection and proactive threat hunting, companies are at the risk of being hacked and experiencing extensive damages.
Centralised incident detection capability is your greatest support.
Here is what you can do to be combat-ready:
- Achieve regulatory compliance by deploying Event and Incident Response Continuity of Operations.
- Deploy an easy-to-use solution that is customisable and adaptable to changes.
- Maintain a Common Operating Picture (COP) for Security Events across the environment for full visibility and early detection.
- Access sufficient data to identify Indicators of Compromise (IoC) and detect Indicator of Behaviour (IoB).
Our plan for operational readiness
Skillfield utilises Elastic Stack to uplift a customer’s detection capability:
- A centralised event logging and auditing solution (Elastic SIEM) is deployed to collect, transform, and store data from a broad set of systems.
- The machine learning-based Elastic Endpoint Security (EDR) is installed to protect end-points by immediately stopping ransomware and malware.
How Can Our Expertise Support This Process
Our area of expertise includes:
- Design log generation and management strategies.
- Deploy, configure, and test the log management platform.
- Extract, transform, and load logs.
- Enrich, correlate, and retain security events for investigation.
- Deploy out-of-the-box and custom machine learning-based detection.
- Enable automated incident alerting and response.
- Augment platform capabilities with plugins.
- Utilise automation to install and configure endpoint agents on client devices.
- Deploy out-of-the-box and custom endpoint security use cases.
Security is everyone’s responsibility. However, the tools of yesterday can’t keep up with today’s challenges. Blind spots are the enemy, and the attack surface is changing due to strategic shifts to the cloud, remote work, BYOD, etc.
Skillfield is specialised in deploying Elastic SIEM (Security information and event management). A centralised security event logging and auditing solution that provides a solution to collect, transform, and store data from a broad set of systems. Data in different formats is aggregated and ingested into Elastic common schema, which simplifies query processes for certain pieces of information.
The centralised event logging and auditing solution (Elastic SIEM) is used to identify log patterns and correlate events in seconds, no matter its volume, variety, or age. This process improves the real-time visibility into your IT/OT environment and eliminates blind spots by consolidating silos of data into one datastore. The solution is equipped with both Elastic- and community-developed protections powered by machine learning and technique-based methods.
Skillfield helps you realise all of this in a seamless process. Our areas of expertise that help achieve this outcome include:
- Design of log generation and management strategies
- Deployment and configuration of the cluster
- Tuning, upgrading, and platform migrations
- Installing and configuring log collection agents on client devices
- Extracting, transforming, and loading logs
- Log enrichment
- Collecting and retaining security events for investigation
- Deployment of out-of-the-box and custom machine learning-based detection
- Configuring incident actions
- Augmenting platform capabilities with plugins
⇡ Breadth of visibility
⇡ Retention of actionable data
⇣ False positives
⇣ Analyst ramp
⇣ Incident impacts
SOAR describes the capabilities of threat and vulnerability management, security operations automation, and security incident responses. While orchestration emphasises the integration of different security tools to streamline incident management processes, automation reduces the human intervention required for attack detection and incident response.
By using SOAR solutions to minimise manual tasks, you can save valuable time and resources used by your security team, which in turn improves overall productivity.
Skillfield leverages TheHive Project to automate security case creation and management. We also integrate TheHive and other SIEM solutions to efficiently detect, prioritise, and respond to security incidents.
Our areas of expertise that contribute to this outcome for you, include:
- TheHive and Cortex design, build and administration
- Integrate TheHive with SIEM solutions and other feeders including MISP
- Develop analysers and responders to efficiently prioritise, analyse and respond to security incidents.
- Automate security case creation and management to increase effectiveness
- Integrate Cortex with sandboxes and other 3rd party systems like ticketing systems and security appliances
- Build customisable dashboards for reporting
⇡ Incidents per analyst
⇣ Alert fatigue
⇡ High value activity
⇣ Incident impacts
Endpoint Protection is how companies protect their edge devices from being exploited by malicious parties. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) systems are designed to discover and prevent malware or ransomware attacks during the early stages before major damage is done. The advanced Endpoint solutions also combine machine learning features to combat uniquely compiled malware.
Skillfield’s team utilise machine learning-based Elastic Endpoint Security to protect our clients’ end-user devices. You can reduce the mean-time-to-detect (MTTD) and mean-time-to-response (MTTR) as all detected malware is stopped immediately by Endpoint Security. We use pre-built detection use cases to deploy security solutions within a shorter timeframe, resulting in reduced costs.
Elastic Endpoint Security is integrated with Elastic SIEM allowing you to choose a solution that lowers the learning curve for every practitioner and maximises the effectiveness of experienced practitioners.
Our areas of expertise that help us deploy the solution for you effectively include:
- Experience in designing and deploying Elastic SIEM
- Utilising automation to install and configure Elastic Endpoint on client devices
- Deployment of out-of-the-box and custom endpoint security use cases
⇣ Incident impacts
Always-on experiences are the lifeline of a modern business. Organisations are adopting new practices (cloud-native, cloud, DevOps, etc.) to deliver more value, faster, and at a lower cost. These new practices are also making the underlying systems more complex. System observability is more critical and challenging than ever before.
We can help you build a Common Operating Picture (COP) across your IT environment by centrally monitoring your operational events using Elastic Observability. COP delivers uncompromised end-to-end visibility into your technology ecosystem in a single, open platform and enables you to keep a strong track record of transparency in order to scrutinise measures inside your environment.
With Elastic Observability we provide centralised operational event monitoring and auditing solutions. We use trigger alerts combined with operational events to build real-time dashboards that help you visually see what’s happening in your environment when something abnormal happens.
Our areas of expertise that help us deliver these cybersecurity solutions include:
- Collection of operational events from various systems
- Identification of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in operational events
- Building operational dashboards
- Deployment of custom machine learning-based anomaly detection
- Trigger alerts for incidents
- Generation of regular operational reports
⇣ Team disruption
⇡ High value activity
⇣ Impact of service disruptions
Get started today!
Latest Cyber Security Blogs
We love our community and regularly publish industry blogs to share knowledge and give back.
New to the industry? You might find our Lingo Library useful, it’s full of industry terms with real industry examples.